Publishing / PDF file help.
can't get the file to download.
I can't see the video!
I can't hear the audio!
You may not believe this...but the file
you are having a hard time downloading has been successfully
downloaded dozens of time in the past few weeks by other customers.
This means that the problem is not originating from our office
or our server. Rather, the problem could be anywhere along the
path from your phone company, your internet service providor,
or most likely.. your own computer's settings or your own computer's
In the event the problem is with our server, please submit a support ticket and allow us 24 hours to investigate. Here is the URL to submit that support ticket.
In the mean time, this page contains some trouble shooting tips.
And, based on the e-mails and phone
calls we have recieved relating to downloading errors... over
90% of the problems results from the customer simply not understanding
how to work his/her own computer, browser, or not having the
current free software installed, such as Real Audio Player, Quicktime, Windows Media Player, or ITunes.
Mp3 Files (.mp3) Most common audio format worldwide.
If your downloadable audio files are in the mp3 format, you need to firstly download them to your own computer. Then you need to open these files with a programm designed to read .mp3 files. The most common program is iTunes or even your Firefox or Safari or Explorer browser can open these type of files.
Here are the basics:
.mp3 is a compressed file format used for audio files
Even so, these are very large files - 3MB & up. 3 megabytes, that would be 3 million bytes or 3 thousand kilobytes. The files are so big because they are of good quality (128kbit stereo) and need to be heard as they should be.
• Check if you have enough hard drive space left to download these files!
• Depending on the speed of your internet connection, it will take a while to download. It is NOT instant even with T1/DSL/Cable.
Right RIGHT! click on the file link and "Save Target As" to your hard drive. *REMEMBER where you put that file!
• Some computers try to change the file type by re-naming the extension .mp3 to something else. Don't let them. If necessary, rename before downloading back to trackname.mp3 or change them back afterwards so that is the name of the file and extension on your computer. If you don't, audio programs won't recognize the file type and say they cannot play them back!
• Left clicking will probably launch an inbuilt program on your computer such as RealAudio or QuickTime or iTunes. This may play the track successfully (or it may not as it is being directly streamed from our server) but you can't save the file like that. Which means you can't listen to it anymore once you have shut down and have to download it all over again. Which is not a good thing ... Which is why we suggest you right click and save the file to YOUR computer first.
When you have saved the file, you need an audio program to play them back.
• If you don't have a decent speaker system connected to your computer, you NEED to plug in headphones to appreciate our work and get the benefits.
• If nothing at all happens, you might not have a soundcard at all and you need a new computer. If you run on a PC and are still now hearing any sound, here is a free program from WIN APP. http://www.winamp.com/
Open the saved mp3 files with WinAmp, put on your headphones and press play!
How do I download from computer to mp3 player?
1. Connect your mp3 player to your computer. A lead for this should have come with your mp3 player.
2. Look on your main "My Computer" or "Finder" window - the mp3 player should register like an external hard drive, you should see it there. For best results, just use iTunes or similar music program.
3. When you download the mp3, you can download it directly to the location of the mp3 player (as though it was nothing but an external hard drive) or
3a. You can save the file to a different location on your computer, such as "My Music" folder, and then transfer it (copy and paste just like a normal file, or use the program that came with your mp3 player to retrieve the file and add it to your mp3 player).
Real Audio files ( .RM or .RAM files)
See the troubleshooting guide here for all REAL AUDIO issues.
of the VIDEO Clips are the format .MOV
Quicktime ( .MOV files)
This format is easily read by the world's most popular video
There are free Quicktime viewers from both Mac and PC and all
For questions about Quicktime: http://www.info.apple.com/usen/quicktime/
Verify your computer's system
To download a FREE quicktime player:
You DO NOT need to buy the $29.95 quicktime PRO. It will
not solve your problem. The player you need is downloadable for
All of our books on-line are either
offered in a standard browser which can be read from any Explorer
or Netscape browser or it will be available as a PDF download.
Just click on download and your computer
stores the file on your hard drive. Then, open it with the FREE
Furthermore, all of our digital products
have a webpage where you can try again to download the book in
case you missed it the first time at the conclusion of your buying
If all else fails... read
this before sending an e-mail.
Video System Requirements
Mac OS System Requirements
· A PowerPC processorbased Macintosh computer.
· At least 32MB of RAM
· Mac OS 7.5.5 or later
(Mac users with 68020, 68030, or 68040
processor-based systems click here.)
Windows System Requirements
· A Pentium-based PC or compatible
· At least 32MB of RAM
· Windows 95/98/NT/ME/2000 system software
· A Sound Blaster or compatible sound card and speakers
· DirectX version 3.0 or later recommended